Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Wednesday with the Wesleys


Wesley found Mary Bosanquet Fletcher to be a class leader and preacher who possessed both gifts and grace. He did not tell her to go home.

Sat. 10. - I had the pleasure of an hour’s conversation with Mrs. Fletcher. She appears to be swiftly growing in grace, and ripening for a better world. I encouraged her to do all the good she could during her short stay in Bristol. Accordingly she met, in the following week, as many of the classes as her time and strength would permit; and her words were as fire, conveying both light and heat to the hearts of all that heard her.
- John Wesley (journal, March 10, 1787)
Sunday the 18th ... In the evening we had a love feast, at which Mrs. Fletcher simply declared her present experience. I know no one that is so changed for the better in a few years, even in her manner of speaking. It is now smooth, easy, and natural, even when the sense is deep and strong.
- John Wesley (journal, March 18, 1787)

No comments:

Post a Comment